Vinod Khanna visits Golden Temple to seek blessings
Amritsar: Ahead of his poll campaign Bollywood actor-turned-politician and former MP Vinod Khanna today sought blessings from the almighty at the Golden temple for a victory at the hustings.
After landing at Rajasansi airport here, Khanna who is BJP candidate from Gurdaspur Lok Sabha seat, first preferred to visit the Golden Temple and paid obeisance in the sanctum sanctorum along with local BJP leaders besides senior SGPC functionaries.
Later talking to media persons, Khanna said that the BJP high command has graced him with a dynamic privilege to contest from Gurdaspur parliament constituency to serve the inhabitants of the area besides overall development.
He claimed that the sitting Congress MP Partap Singh Bajwa did nothing for the last five years of his tenure being MP of Gurdaspur parliament constituency, with this area slipping fifteen years back and now it required at least ten years to streamline the things.
Khanna said that he was confident enough that people of the area would extend wholehearted support to him, since sitting MP Bajwa couldn`t come out as per the expectation of the people.
He said that after winning elections, he will make day and night one for the development of the constituency.
He said that before coming here, he had met Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal who assured him all kind of support during elections.
Khanna informed that he would not tolerate corruption especially in the way of development. He claimed that sitting MP Bajwa hardly preferred to remain in the area after his victory, besides never bothered to have first hand experiences with the plight of the people who were suffering due to non development of the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says