Voter registration for SGPC poll to begin next month
Chandigarh: The registration of voters for
elections to the Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee
(SGPC), considered the mini-parliament of Sikhs, will begin on
The work of enrolment of voters will continue for 45 days
starting from June one, a Gurdwara Election Commission
spokesman said here today.
The elections to 170 members of the total 185 of SGPC is
held every five years. The elections for general house are due
since last year, he said.
As specified in section 49 of the Sikh Gurdwara Act,
1925, a person should be more than twenty-one years of age and
a Keshadhari Sikh (bearded Sikh) to be a voter in the SGPC
poll, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed