`Voters have rejected Amarinder Singh 9 times since 2007`
Amritsar: Senior Akali Dal leaders on Monday slammed former Chief Minister and Congress candidate for Amritsar Lok Sabha seat Amarinder Singh, saying he had been rejected by the people of Punjab nine times in a row since 2007 assembly polls.
They said Singh had twice led his Congress party in the polls but was defeated badly by SAD-BJP which had formed the government under the leadership of Parkash Singh Badal and Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal.
Punjab Revenue Minister Bikram Singh Majithia, Animal Husbandry Minister Gulzar Singh Ranike, Chief Parliamentary Secretary Inderbir Singh Bolaria, District Planning Board Chairman Vir Singh Lopoke and SAD (B) District President Upkar Singh Sandhu said Captain has lost people`s mandate and wondered as to how he would seek votes now.
They also claimed that Singh`s attendance in the Assembly was very poor.
The Akali leaders said there was no match between SAD-BJP joint candidate Arun Jaitley and Singh for the seat.
Jaitley is known for raising public issues in Parliament in one of the best ways, they said in a press statement here.
On the other hand, they said, Singh highlighted personal issues and used unparliamentary language which did not behove a senior leader.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you