We owe obligation to help Sarabjit`s family: Punjab CM
Hoshiarpur: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said all promises made by his government to the family of Sarabjit Singh would be fulfilled.
"Sarabjit is a national martyr as he had suffered endless agonies in the Pakistani jail for being an Indian," Badal told mediapersons at Dasuya town near here.
Promises made by the Punjab government to Sarabjit`s family would be fulfilled, the chief minister said, adding that necessary directions have been issued to the officers concerned.
It is the responsibility of government to respect the heroes who had laid down there life for national cause, Badal said.
49-year-old Sarabjit had received fatal injuries in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail on April 26 when he was brutally assaulted by fellow prisoners. The Indian death row convict died in the wee hours of May 2 in a Lahore hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days