We owe obligation to help Sarabjit`s family: Punjab CM
Hoshiarpur: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said all promises made by his government to the family of Sarabjit Singh would be fulfilled.
"Sarabjit is a national martyr as he had suffered endless agonies in the Pakistani jail for being an Indian," Badal told mediapersons at Dasuya town near here.
Promises made by the Punjab government to Sarabjit`s family would be fulfilled, the chief minister said, adding that necessary directions have been issued to the officers concerned.
It is the responsibility of government to respect the heroes who had laid down there life for national cause, Badal said.
49-year-old Sarabjit had received fatal injuries in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail on April 26 when he was brutally assaulted by fellow prisoners. The Indian death row convict died in the wee hours of May 2 in a Lahore hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone