We owe obligation to help Sarabjit`s family: Punjab CM
Hoshiarpur: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal on Sunday said all promises made by his government to the family of Sarabjit Singh would be fulfilled.
"Sarabjit is a national martyr as he had suffered endless agonies in the Pakistani jail for being an Indian," Badal told mediapersons at Dasuya town near here.
Promises made by the Punjab government to Sarabjit`s family would be fulfilled, the chief minister said, adding that necessary directions have been issued to the officers concerned.
It is the responsibility of government to respect the heroes who had laid down there life for national cause, Badal said.
49-year-old Sarabjit had received fatal injuries in Lahore`s Kot Lakhpat Jail on April 26 when he was brutally assaulted by fellow prisoners. The Indian death row convict died in the wee hours of May 2 in a Lahore hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police