Wheat procurement down by 90%
Chandigarh: Wheat procurement in Punjab, a
major producer, has reached just 6.05 lakh tonne which is 90
percent down against crop buying in corresponding period of
Government agencies and private millers procured 6.05
lakh tonne of wheat so far in ongoing rabi marketing season
compared with procurement of 55.77 lakh tonne on the same day
According to an official, out of total procurement,
government agencies procured 99 per cent of crop at 6.02 lakh
tonne while rest was bought by private traders. FCI bought
72,961 tonne of crop.
The official said Ludhiana district with 42,559 tonne was
leading in procurement operations whereas district Fatehgarh
Sahib at 33,979 tonne came next.
The State government has set up 1634 procurement centres
and activated its total machinery to ensure smooth procurement
of wheat, the official added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!