When suspicion pushed him to kill his lover
Chandigarh: They were childhood friends, and had realised their love for each other only one year back. But when Tanmay Arora started suspecting that his girlfriend was going around with someone else, he strangulated her, packed her body in a suitcase and threw it away.
But the Punjab resident was finally nabbed by Haryana Police on Friday. "Arora, in his mid-20s, killed Simran Kundra, 25, as he had suspected her character," a police officer said here on Saturday.
Kundra was residing in a rented accommodation in Panchkula Sector 15 here since a year. Simran had disappeared under mysterious circumstances on April 30 and her decomposed body was found in Jalandhar district of Punjab on May 03.
Police said Simran hailed from Punjab`s Amritsar city and was pursuing a fashion designing course in Chandigarh. She had got divorced from her husband Karan Mehra last month and was living alone.
Her car was found abandoned in Sector 16 here on May 01. Following this, on the complaint of Simran`s father, police registered a case of murder and kidnapping against Tanmay and Karan (Simran`s divorced husband).
"After scrutinising the call details of Simran, we found that she was in constant touch with Tanmay on the day when she disappeared. We mounted pressure on his family and he confessed to his crime," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened