When suspicion pushed him to kill his lover
Chandigarh: They were childhood friends, and had realised their love for each other only one year back. But when Tanmay Arora started suspecting that his girlfriend was going around with someone else, he strangulated her, packed her body in a suitcase and threw it away.
But the Punjab resident was finally nabbed by Haryana Police on Friday. "Arora, in his mid-20s, killed Simran Kundra, 25, as he had suspected her character," a police officer said here on Saturday.
Kundra was residing in a rented accommodation in Panchkula Sector 15 here since a year. Simran had disappeared under mysterious circumstances on April 30 and her decomposed body was found in Jalandhar district of Punjab on May 03.
Police said Simran hailed from Punjab`s Amritsar city and was pursuing a fashion designing course in Chandigarh. She had got divorced from her husband Karan Mehra last month and was living alone.
Her car was found abandoned in Sector 16 here on May 01. Following this, on the complaint of Simran`s father, police registered a case of murder and kidnapping against Tanmay and Karan (Simran`s divorced husband).
"After scrutinising the call details of Simran, we found that she was in constant touch with Tanmay on the day when she disappeared. We mounted pressure on his family and he confessed to his crime," said a police officer.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Sweden, Kazakhstan, Ethiopia, Bolivia elected to UNSC for 2017-18
- Sturgeon to visit Brussels to defend Scotland`s EU place
- NATO, EU leaders pledge strong alliance to counter Brexit fallout
- EU leaders tell Britain to exit swiftly, market rout halts
- 'Beef smugglers' forced to eat cow dung in Faridabad