Widespread rains drops minimum in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Widespread rainfall in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh today plummeted the minimum temperature across the region by up to two degrees Celsius, renewing the cold conditions in several parts of the twin states.
The minimum temperature hovered between two degrees Celsius below normal to three notches above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the MeT office said here.
While Ambala was drenched by 11.3 mm of rainfall, Chandigarh received 9.6 mm of rains.
Among other places, Patiala received 4.5 mm of rains followed by 3.6 mm at Karnal, 1.6 mm at Bhiwani, one mm at Hisar and 0.7 mm at Ludhiana.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Amritsar was coldest with a low of 3.6 degrees Celsius, which was two notches below normal.
While Narnaul settled at a low of 9.5 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal, Ludhiana had a low of 9.6 degrees Celsius, one notch above normal.
Among other places, Hisar and Karnal had an identical low of 9.8 degrees Celsius, one notch each above normal, followed by 10.9 degrees Celsius at Ambala, two notches above normal, 11 degrees Celsius each at Chandigarh and Patiala, three and two notches above normal respectively.
The MeT forecast cloudy conditions with possibility of rains due to western disturbances over the region during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy