Widespread rains drops minimum in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Widespread rainfall in most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh today plummeted the minimum temperature across the region by up to two degrees Celsius, renewing the cold conditions in several parts of the twin states.
The minimum temperature hovered between two degrees Celsius below normal to three notches above normal in most parts of Punjab and Haryana, the MeT office said here.
While Ambala was drenched by 11.3 mm of rainfall, Chandigarh received 9.6 mm of rains.
Among other places, Patiala received 4.5 mm of rains followed by 3.6 mm at Karnal, 1.6 mm at Bhiwani, one mm at Hisar and 0.7 mm at Ludhiana.
In the plains of Punjab and Haryana, Amritsar was coldest with a low of 3.6 degrees Celsius, which was two notches below normal.
While Narnaul settled at a low of 9.5 degrees Celsius, two notches above normal, Ludhiana had a low of 9.6 degrees Celsius, one notch above normal.
Among other places, Hisar and Karnal had an identical low of 9.8 degrees Celsius, one notch each above normal, followed by 10.9 degrees Celsius at Ambala, two notches above normal, 11 degrees Celsius each at Chandigarh and Patiala, three and two notches above normal respectively.
The MeT forecast cloudy conditions with possibility of rains due to western disturbances over the region during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida
- Funny video alert! Nana Patekar’s ‘Beat Pe Booty’ mashup is hilarious
- Awwdorable photo alert! Shahid Kapoor, Mira Rajput and her baby bump
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth