Will not contest from two parliamentary constituencies: Arun Jaitley
Amritsar: After the Congress fielded Capt Amarinder Singh from Amritsar seat, BJP candidate Arun Jaitley today said he would not contest from two parliamentary constituencies as he was dedicated to the holy city only.
"The question doesn`t arise to contest election from one more constituency along with Amritsar," said Jaitley after inaugurating his election office here for the April 30 Lok Sabha election.
Congress has fielded senior leader Singh against Jaitley from Amritsar Lok Sabha seat for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
When asked about future role of senior BJP leader L K Advani in the party, he said Advani`s blessings would always remain with the entire BJP leadership.
On his rival, former Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh, Jaitley said the Congress was a sinking ship as the party had never bothered to work for the development of the Amritsar city.
He said it was sitting MP Navjot Singh Sidhu who always raised several issues concerning Amritsar in the Parliament but Congress-led UPA government always ignored the city.
He also took a dig at Congress saying the party had ruled for several decades in the country, but had failed to work towards its development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!