Will not contest from two parliamentary constituencies: Arun Jaitley
Amritsar: After the Congress fielded Capt Amarinder Singh from Amritsar seat, BJP candidate Arun Jaitley today said he would not contest from two parliamentary constituencies as he was dedicated to the holy city only.
"The question doesn`t arise to contest election from one more constituency along with Amritsar," said Jaitley after inaugurating his election office here for the April 30 Lok Sabha election.
Congress has fielded senior leader Singh against Jaitley from Amritsar Lok Sabha seat for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
When asked about future role of senior BJP leader L K Advani in the party, he said Advani`s blessings would always remain with the entire BJP leadership.
On his rival, former Punjab Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh, Jaitley said the Congress was a sinking ship as the party had never bothered to work for the development of the Amritsar city.
He said it was sitting MP Navjot Singh Sidhu who always raised several issues concerning Amritsar in the Parliament but Congress-led UPA government always ignored the city.
He also took a dig at Congress saying the party had ruled for several decades in the country, but had failed to work towards its development.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das