Will project Congress` view in Parliament: Amarinder Singh
Amritsar: Amarinder Singh, who has been appointed as Deputy Leader of Congress in the Lok Sabha on Friday said he would project the party`s point of view effectively in the Lower House of Parliament.
The new role has put an additional responsibility on his shoulders of representing the party and projecting effectively and forcefully the party point of view in Parliament besides representing the people of his constituency, the Amritsar MP said in a statement released here.
He also thanked party president Sonia Gandhi for his appointment as the Deputy Leader of Congress in the Lok Sabha.
Amarinder, who defeated BJP stalwart Arun Jaitley from Amritsar seat, said he will continue to remain available to the people of Punjab in general and Amritsar in particular despite his busy engagements in New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state