Woman booked for comments on Facebook
Chandigarh: A 22-year-old woman, winner of a national bravery award, has been booked for allegedly posting abusive comments on Chandigarh traffic police`s Facebook page.
Henna Bakshi, who claims to be winner of Geeta Chopra bravery award over a decade back for nabbing a burglar, was booked on Friday for allegedly using abusive language in her posts on UT traffic police`s Facebook page.
She and another person have been booked under various sections of the IT Act at industrial area police station on a complaint by a traffic police personnel.
Henna has claimed she had to face harassment after her Multi Utility Vehicle (MUV) was stolen from her friend`s house in Sector 18 on August 11, describing the process to register an FIR in the vehicle theft case as "stressful".
She has also alleged that she was not contacted by the police regarding progress in her case and was not given satisfactory response when she tried to eqnuire.
She then posted the comments on the Chandigarh Police`s Facebook page.
Henna, however, has denied that she posted any objectionable comments on the Facebook page, maintaining that she had only tried to highlight the plight of the common man by questioning what efforts the police were making in recovering the car.
She also maintained that her comments were meant in general and had not targeted anyone in particular.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why