Woman commits suicide over dowry demand
Hoshiarpur: A 21-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from a ceiling today over the frequent harassment by her in-laws for dowry.
Neeru was married with Satish Kumar, a resident of Lasara village, about 3 years ago, police said.
According to the complaint, Satish, his brother Pradeep Kumar, father Devi Dayal, mother Nimo and sister Parampreet Kaur tortured Neeru for dowry.
A case has been registered against all accused under relevant sections of IPC and Satish was arrested, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened