Woman commits suicide; six booked for abatement of suicide
Moga: A 47-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide after her neighbours made adverse remarks about her missing daughter, following which a case of abatement of suicide has been registered against six persons.
Ranjit Kaur of Kokri Kalan village committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance yesterday, police said.
Ranjit and her husband Devinder Singh yesterday went to their neighbour Sukhpreet Singh`s house to inquire about their daughter who had been missing for the past 6 to 7 days, police said, adding that they went there thinking Sukhpreet may have some clue about the daughter`s whereabouts.
However, Sukhpreet and a few others alleged that their daughter does not have a good reputation and she may have eloped with someone.
Depressed over the incident, Ranjit Kaur allegedly committed suicide, police said.
A case of abatement of suicide has been registered against Sukhpreet and five others today, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble