Woman commits suicide; six booked for abatement of suicide
Moga: A 47-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide after her neighbours made adverse remarks about her missing daughter, following which a case of abatement of suicide has been registered against six persons.
Ranjit Kaur of Kokri Kalan village committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance yesterday, police said.
Ranjit and her husband Devinder Singh yesterday went to their neighbour Sukhpreet Singh`s house to inquire about their daughter who had been missing for the past 6 to 7 days, police said, adding that they went there thinking Sukhpreet may have some clue about the daughter`s whereabouts.
However, Sukhpreet and a few others alleged that their daughter does not have a good reputation and she may have eloped with someone.
Depressed over the incident, Ranjit Kaur allegedly committed suicide, police said.
A case of abatement of suicide has been registered against Sukhpreet and five others today, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das