Woman commits suicide; six booked for abatement of suicide
Moga: A 47-year-old woman allegedly committed suicide after her neighbours made adverse remarks about her missing daughter, following which a case of abatement of suicide has been registered against six persons.
Ranjit Kaur of Kokri Kalan village committed suicide by consuming some poisonous substance yesterday, police said.
Ranjit and her husband Devinder Singh yesterday went to their neighbour Sukhpreet Singh`s house to inquire about their daughter who had been missing for the past 6 to 7 days, police said, adding that they went there thinking Sukhpreet may have some clue about the daughter`s whereabouts.
However, Sukhpreet and a few others alleged that their daughter does not have a good reputation and she may have eloped with someone.
Depressed over the incident, Ranjit Kaur allegedly committed suicide, police said.
A case of abatement of suicide has been registered against Sukhpreet and five others today, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites