Woman files rape case against husband, father-in-law in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A case was registered on Friday against the husband and father-in-law of an 18-year-old woman over allegations that the duo had raped her, police said today.
Cases were also registered against the victim`s mother-in-law and the ex-wife of her husband, who have been accused of beating her and abetting other violations.
In her complaint, the victim alleged that her husband Sulakhan Singh and father-in-law Sohan Singh used to rape her while her mother-in-law used to support them, police said.
The victim`s mother-in-law Gurbaksh Kaur and Sukhwinder Kaur, her husband`s ex-wife who later started living with them, have been booked under various sections of IPC, police said adding, the victim had been admitted to Civil Hospital in Hoshiarpur for a medical examination.
No arrests have been made so far in the matter and a probe is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Sakshi Malik expresses desire to meet Virender Sehwag – Read Viru's HILARIOUS reply
- Airtel upgrades over 9,000 network sites under Open Network
- Thrilled to be a grandfather: Boman Irani
- Misbah-ul-Haq's conversation with wife Uzma on Twitter is a HUGE hit on the internet!
- Leicester City midfielder Danny Drinkwater signs new five-year contract