Woman files rape case against husband, father-in-law in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A case was registered on Friday against the husband and father-in-law of an 18-year-old woman over allegations that the duo had raped her, police said today.
Cases were also registered against the victim`s mother-in-law and the ex-wife of her husband, who have been accused of beating her and abetting other violations.
In her complaint, the victim alleged that her husband Sulakhan Singh and father-in-law Sohan Singh used to rape her while her mother-in-law used to support them, police said.
The victim`s mother-in-law Gurbaksh Kaur and Sukhwinder Kaur, her husband`s ex-wife who later started living with them, have been booked under various sections of IPC, police said adding, the victim had been admitted to Civil Hospital in Hoshiarpur for a medical examination.
No arrests have been made so far in the matter and a probe is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"
- JNU protest: Kejriwal hits out at PM Modi, says targetting innocents will prove costly to him