Woman files rape case against husband, father-in-law in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A case was registered on Friday against the husband and father-in-law of an 18-year-old woman over allegations that the duo had raped her, police said today.
Cases were also registered against the victim`s mother-in-law and the ex-wife of her husband, who have been accused of beating her and abetting other violations.
In her complaint, the victim alleged that her husband Sulakhan Singh and father-in-law Sohan Singh used to rape her while her mother-in-law used to support them, police said.
The victim`s mother-in-law Gurbaksh Kaur and Sukhwinder Kaur, her husband`s ex-wife who later started living with them, have been booked under various sections of IPC, police said adding, the victim had been admitted to Civil Hospital in Hoshiarpur for a medical examination.
No arrests have been made so far in the matter and a probe is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB