Woman files rape case against husband, father-in-law in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A case was registered on Friday against the husband and father-in-law of an 18-year-old woman over allegations that the duo had raped her, police said today.
Cases were also registered against the victim`s mother-in-law and the ex-wife of her husband, who have been accused of beating her and abetting other violations.
In her complaint, the victim alleged that her husband Sulakhan Singh and father-in-law Sohan Singh used to rape her while her mother-in-law used to support them, police said.
The victim`s mother-in-law Gurbaksh Kaur and Sukhwinder Kaur, her husband`s ex-wife who later started living with them, have been booked under various sections of IPC, police said adding, the victim had been admitted to Civil Hospital in Hoshiarpur for a medical examination.
No arrests have been made so far in the matter and a probe is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan