Woman files rape case against husband, father-in-law in Punjab
Hoshiarpur: A case was registered on Friday against the husband and father-in-law of an 18-year-old woman over allegations that the duo had raped her, police said today.
Cases were also registered against the victim`s mother-in-law and the ex-wife of her husband, who have been accused of beating her and abetting other violations.
In her complaint, the victim alleged that her husband Sulakhan Singh and father-in-law Sohan Singh used to rape her while her mother-in-law used to support them, police said.
The victim`s mother-in-law Gurbaksh Kaur and Sukhwinder Kaur, her husband`s ex-wife who later started living with them, have been booked under various sections of IPC, police said adding, the victim had been admitted to Civil Hospital in Hoshiarpur for a medical examination.
No arrests have been made so far in the matter and a probe is on, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town