Woman gangraped by husband`s cousins
Batala: A 24-year-old woman from Ludhiana was allegedly gangraped by four cousins of her husband after intoxicating the couple.
The woman stated in her complaint that on June 20 she and her husband had gone to Amritsar to attend a wedding of his relative.
After the function, two of her husband`s cousins offered them lift to Amritsar bus stand. The duo then stop at a dhaba and allegedly provided them soft drinks laced with drugs.
In the meantime, two more persons reached the dhaba and the four then brought the couple here, where they allegedly gangraped the woman in a house at Thathari Gate locality.
The next morning, she found her husband lying unconscious in another room. The couple then went to Ludhiana police, which, they claimed, refused to register their complaint as
the incident occurred under the jurisdiction of Batala police.
Later, they approached the Batala police which too allegedly denied to register their complaint and even denied to give their approval for a medical examination of the
On June 24, the woman claimed she approached SP (headquarters) Paramjeet Singh Goraya, but was directed to the same SHO, whose denial to register the case had forced her to approach the SP.
When contacted, Goraya admitted of having received the complaint and said police was investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test