Woman gangraped by husband`s cousins
Batala: A 24-year-old woman from Ludhiana was allegedly gangraped by four cousins of her husband after intoxicating the couple.
The woman stated in her complaint that on June 20 she and her husband had gone to Amritsar to attend a wedding of his relative.
After the function, two of her husband`s cousins offered them lift to Amritsar bus stand. The duo then stop at a dhaba and allegedly provided them soft drinks laced with drugs.
In the meantime, two more persons reached the dhaba and the four then brought the couple here, where they allegedly gangraped the woman in a house at Thathari Gate locality.
The next morning, she found her husband lying unconscious in another room. The couple then went to Ludhiana police, which, they claimed, refused to register their complaint as
the incident occurred under the jurisdiction of Batala police.
Later, they approached the Batala police which too allegedly denied to register their complaint and even denied to give their approval for a medical examination of the
On June 24, the woman claimed she approached SP (headquarters) Paramjeet Singh Goraya, but was directed to the same SHO, whose denial to register the case had forced her to approach the SP.
When contacted, Goraya admitted of having received the complaint and said police was investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day