Woman held for forcing daughter into prostitution
Chandigarh: A woman has been arrested from Punjab`s industrial town of Phagwara for allegedly forcing her minor daughter into prostitution, police said on Thursday.
Dimple had forced her 13-year-old daughter into the flesh trade in connivance with Rani, the owner of a beauty parlour on Gaushala Road in Phagwara, a police official said.
A case of rape and conspiracy has been registered against her and the beauty parlour owner under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), Station House Officer (SHO) A.S. Chahal said.
He said the police were trying to track down the men who had sexually exploited the minor. They too are likely to be booked.
Police said Dimple, who had divorced her husband over six years ago, pushed her daughter into prostitution nearly six months back. She had stopped her daughter from going to school and started sending her to the beauty parlour.
The matter came to light on Wednesday after the girl left her home in Hadiabad locality following a quarrel with her mother. Some people later saw a man pulling her into a car on Plahi Road and reported the matter to the police.
The police found that the man pulling at the girl was a driver sent by her mother to get her back. When the police questioned the girl, she spilled the details about her ordeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP