Woman held for forcing daughter into prostitution
Chandigarh: A woman has been arrested from Punjab`s industrial town of Phagwara for allegedly forcing her minor daughter into prostitution, police said on Thursday.
Dimple had forced her 13-year-old daughter into the flesh trade in connivance with Rani, the owner of a beauty parlour on Gaushala Road in Phagwara, a police official said.
A case of rape and conspiracy has been registered against her and the beauty parlour owner under Section 376 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), Station House Officer (SHO) A.S. Chahal said.
He said the police were trying to track down the men who had sexually exploited the minor. They too are likely to be booked.
Police said Dimple, who had divorced her husband over six years ago, pushed her daughter into prostitution nearly six months back. She had stopped her daughter from going to school and started sending her to the beauty parlour.
The matter came to light on Wednesday after the girl left her home in Hadiabad locality following a quarrel with her mother. Some people later saw a man pulling her into a car on Plahi Road and reported the matter to the police.
The police found that the man pulling at the girl was a driver sent by her mother to get her back. When the police questioned the girl, she spilled the details about her ordeal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof