Woman killed, husband left for dead in Punjab
Chandigarh: A 25-year-old woman was killed and her Indian Army officer husband seriously injured when they were attacked by unidentified assailants in Punjab`s Ropar district, police said Wednesday.
Harinder Kaur and Navdeep Singh, who got married just a few months ago, were returning home to their village in Ropar district, about 50 km from here, when they were attacked.
"The assailants stopped their car and attacked them. Harinder was attacked by sharp-edged weapons and died on the spot," a police official told a news agency.
Navdeep was strangled and left for dead in the fields. He has been admitted to the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
"It seems to be the handiwork of four-five men. Personal enmity could be the reason," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- UPA govt, LeT worked in tandem in Ishrat Jahan case: MoS Kiren Rijiju
- Dombivli factory blast: Death toll rises to 11, company management booked
- Kazakhstan accuses protesters of trying to oust government
- Coalition warplanes pummel Islamic State in Syria bastion
- Pakistanis hit back as clerics say men can 'beat' wives