Woman killed, husband left for dead in Punjab
Chandigarh: A 25-year-old woman was killed and her Indian Army officer husband seriously injured when they were attacked by unidentified assailants in Punjab`s Ropar district, police said Wednesday.
Harinder Kaur and Navdeep Singh, who got married just a few months ago, were returning home to their village in Ropar district, about 50 km from here, when they were attacked.
"The assailants stopped their car and attacked them. Harinder was attacked by sharp-edged weapons and died on the spot," a police official told a news agency.
Navdeep was strangled and left for dead in the fields. He has been admitted to the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
"It seems to be the handiwork of four-five men. Personal enmity could be the reason," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- SCOPE for accountability check of NGOs getting funds from PSUs
- Govt to invest Rs 200 crore on scaling up existing incubators
- MUST WATCH VIDEO FOR ALL CRICKET FANS: When Rahul Dravid found himself stranded against XI South Africans
- Dayashankar row: How sympathising BSP leader Nasimuddin Siddiqui turns into a 'villain' – READ
- Will meet Dayashankar's daughter on Sunday: Naik