Woman killed, husband left for dead in Punjab
Chandigarh: A 25-year-old woman was killed and her Indian Army officer husband seriously injured when they were attacked by unidentified assailants in Punjab`s Ropar district, police said Wednesday.
Harinder Kaur and Navdeep Singh, who got married just a few months ago, were returning home to their village in Ropar district, about 50 km from here, when they were attacked.
"The assailants stopped their car and attacked them. Harinder was attacked by sharp-edged weapons and died on the spot," a police official told a news agency.
Navdeep was strangled and left for dead in the fields. He has been admitted to the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
"It seems to be the handiwork of four-five men. Personal enmity could be the reason," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre