Woman killed, husband left for dead in Punjab
Chandigarh: A 25-year-old woman was killed and her Indian Army officer husband seriously injured when they were attacked by unidentified assailants in Punjab`s Ropar district, police said Wednesday.
Harinder Kaur and Navdeep Singh, who got married just a few months ago, were returning home to their village in Ropar district, about 50 km from here, when they were attacked.
"The assailants stopped their car and attacked them. Harinder was attacked by sharp-edged weapons and died on the spot," a police official told a news agency.
Navdeep was strangled and left for dead in the fields. He has been admitted to the Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER).
"It seems to be the handiwork of four-five men. Personal enmity could be the reason," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral