Woman kills daughter after husband turns rapist
Amritsar: A woman allegedly hacked to death her adopted seven-year-old daughter after her husband attempted to rape the child.
The woman, Sakshi, attempted suicide Monday night by cutting her veins after killing the child with a sharp edged iron weapon, police said on Tuesday.
As the couple did not have a child, Sakshi`s husband Ramesh had adopted the daughter of his brother.
Around two days ago, Ramesh had allegedly attempted to rape the child and the matter was subsequently reported to police by Sakshi.
After the arrest of Ramesh, Sakhsi was scolded by her in-laws for reporting the matter to police and bringing bad name for the family.
On her way to the hospital, Sakshi told police that she was being harassed by her in-laws for taking the matter to police.
They were mounting pressure on Sakshi to withdraw the complaint when she took the extreme step.
She has been booked under Section 302 of IPC (murder) and 309 of IPC (attempt to commit suicide).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- It's a canard that Kalam was reluctant to appoint Sonia Gandhi as PM: Manmohan Singh