Woman kills daughter after husband turns rapist
Amritsar: A woman allegedly hacked to death her adopted seven-year-old daughter after her husband attempted to rape the child.
The woman, Sakshi, attempted suicide Monday night by cutting her veins after killing the child with a sharp edged iron weapon, police said on Tuesday.
As the couple did not have a child, Sakshi`s husband Ramesh had adopted the daughter of his brother.
Around two days ago, Ramesh had allegedly attempted to rape the child and the matter was subsequently reported to police by Sakshi.
After the arrest of Ramesh, Sakhsi was scolded by her in-laws for reporting the matter to police and bringing bad name for the family.
On her way to the hospital, Sakshi told police that she was being harassed by her in-laws for taking the matter to police.
They were mounting pressure on Sakshi to withdraw the complaint when she took the extreme step.
She has been booked under Section 302 of IPC (murder) and 309 of IPC (attempt to commit suicide).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31