Woman raped by man who promised to send her abroad
Amritsar: A young married woman was allegedly raped by a man on the pretext of sending her to Singapore, police said on Wednesday.
In her complaint submitted to the woman police station here, the victim has claimed that she paid Rs 1 lakh to Kanwaljit Singh, who claimed to be a travel agent, to send her to Singapore, Sub Inspector and in-charge of the station Paramjit Kaur said.
The woman claimed that she had also given Singh several cheques and gold ornaments.
She alleged that Singh took her to Amritsar saying that she would have to make some signatures at the embassy.
In Amritsar, Singh offered her cold drink laced with sedatives and she became unconscious. He then raped her and filmed the act, according to the complaint.
Blackmailing her with the video, the accused raped her several times, she claimed.
A case was registered against the accused yesterday, Kaur said.
The accused is yet to be arrested, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured