Woman raped by man who promised to send her abroad
Amritsar: A young married woman was allegedly raped by a man on the pretext of sending her to Singapore, police said on Wednesday.
In her complaint submitted to the woman police station here, the victim has claimed that she paid Rs 1 lakh to Kanwaljit Singh, who claimed to be a travel agent, to send her to Singapore, Sub Inspector and in-charge of the station Paramjit Kaur said.
The woman claimed that she had also given Singh several cheques and gold ornaments.
She alleged that Singh took her to Amritsar saying that she would have to make some signatures at the embassy.
In Amritsar, Singh offered her cold drink laced with sedatives and she became unconscious. He then raped her and filmed the act, according to the complaint.
Blackmailing her with the video, the accused raped her several times, she claimed.
A case was registered against the accused yesterday, Kaur said.
The accused is yet to be arrested, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing