Woman raped by man who promised to send her abroad
Amritsar: A young married woman was allegedly raped by a man on the pretext of sending her to Singapore, police said on Wednesday.
In her complaint submitted to the woman police station here, the victim has claimed that she paid Rs 1 lakh to Kanwaljit Singh, who claimed to be a travel agent, to send her to Singapore, Sub Inspector and in-charge of the station Paramjit Kaur said.
The woman claimed that she had also given Singh several cheques and gold ornaments.
She alleged that Singh took her to Amritsar saying that she would have to make some signatures at the embassy.
In Amritsar, Singh offered her cold drink laced with sedatives and she became unconscious. He then raped her and filmed the act, according to the complaint.
Blackmailing her with the video, the accused raped her several times, she claimed.
A case was registered against the accused yesterday, Kaur said.
The accused is yet to be arrested, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- No objection to Rajnath attending SAARC meeting in Pak: Congress
- Punjabi films are Surveen Chawla's first love!- READ
- Rafael Nadal will travel to Rio, but injury situation still delicate: David Ferrer
- Mahasweta Devi – the gutsy social activist who took on political bigwigs for the dispossessed
- China says pressing ahead with own anti-missile system