Woman raped by man who promised to send her abroad
Amritsar: A young married woman was allegedly raped by a man on the pretext of sending her to Singapore, police said on Wednesday.
In her complaint submitted to the woman police station here, the victim has claimed that she paid Rs 1 lakh to Kanwaljit Singh, who claimed to be a travel agent, to send her to Singapore, Sub Inspector and in-charge of the station Paramjit Kaur said.
The woman claimed that she had also given Singh several cheques and gold ornaments.
She alleged that Singh took her to Amritsar saying that she would have to make some signatures at the embassy.
In Amritsar, Singh offered her cold drink laced with sedatives and she became unconscious. He then raped her and filmed the act, according to the complaint.
Blackmailing her with the video, the accused raped her several times, she claimed.
A case was registered against the accused yesterday, Kaur said.
The accused is yet to be arrested, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city