Woman set on fire for resisting molestation, critical
Gurdaspur: A woman is battling for life after she was allegedly set on fire by two youths for resisting molestation attempt.
The woman sustained 60 per cent burns and is being treated at a hospital in Amritsar, where her condition is stated to be critical, police said.
The two accused Gulam Mashru Din and Sayed Ahmad, who have been arrested, had called the woman to the flour mill where they worked on the pretext of preparing tea for them.
The duo tried to assault her sexually and when she resisted, they doused her with petrol and set her ablaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Arun Jaitley to meet PM Modi after Subramanian Swamy's tirade against FinMin bureaucrats
- Congress in-charge of Punjab meets Sonia
- Raghuram Rajan is no less patriotic, he loves India, says PM Narendra Modi
- Gold price gets a leg-up from global leads, jewellers' buying
- Referendum: An agent of direct democracy or a political tool?