Woman set on fire for resisting molestation, critical
Gurdaspur: A woman is battling for life after she was allegedly set on fire by two youths for resisting molestation attempt.
The woman sustained 60 per cent burns and is being treated at a hospital in Amritsar, where her condition is stated to be critical, police said.
The two accused Gulam Mashru Din and Sayed Ahmad, who have been arrested, had called the woman to the flour mill where they worked on the pretext of preparing tea for them.
The duo tried to assault her sexually and when she resisted, they doused her with petrol and set her ablaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends