Woman set on fire for resisting molestation, critical
Gurdaspur: A woman is battling for life after she was allegedly set on fire by two youths for resisting molestation attempt.
The woman sustained 60 per cent burns and is being treated at a hospital in Amritsar, where her condition is stated to be critical, police said.
The two accused Gulam Mashru Din and Sayed Ahmad, who have been arrested, had called the woman to the flour mill where they worked on the pretext of preparing tea for them.
The duo tried to assault her sexually and when she resisted, they doused her with petrol and set her ablaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'