Woman set on fire for resisting molestation, critical
Gurdaspur: A woman is battling for life after she was allegedly set on fire by two youths for resisting molestation attempt.
The woman sustained 60 per cent burns and is being treated at a hospital in Amritsar, where her condition is stated to be critical, police said.
The two accused Gulam Mashru Din and Sayed Ahmad, who have been arrested, had called the woman to the flour mill where they worked on the pretext of preparing tea for them.
The duo tried to assault her sexually and when she resisted, they doused her with petrol and set her ablaze.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites