Woman suffers burn injuries in acid attack in Punjab
Jalandhar (Punjab): An unidentified
motorcyclist threw acid on a middle-aged woman, seriously
injuring her, at Shaheed Udham Singh Nagar locality here
on Tuesday, police said.
The attack happened when 35-year-old Shashi Bala of
Makhdoom Pura locality was proceeding towards her workplace in
Avtar Nagar, they said.
The victim, who is a divorcee, is out of danger. She
suffered burn injuries on her face, right arm and her feet,
"While I was walking towards my workplace, a motorcyclist
wearing helmet on his face threw acid on my face. For a few
minutes, I couldn`t realise what was happening but soon felt
severe pain on my face," the victim said in her complaint.
According to police, the woman is a divorcee and had been
living separately. They suspect previous marital disputes as
the reason behind the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'