Woman suffers burn injuries in acid attack in Punjab
Jalandhar (Punjab): An unidentified
motorcyclist threw acid on a middle-aged woman, seriously
injuring her, at Shaheed Udham Singh Nagar locality here
on Tuesday, police said.
The attack happened when 35-year-old Shashi Bala of
Makhdoom Pura locality was proceeding towards her workplace in
Avtar Nagar, they said.
The victim, who is a divorcee, is out of danger. She
suffered burn injuries on her face, right arm and her feet,
"While I was walking towards my workplace, a motorcyclist
wearing helmet on his face threw acid on my face. For a few
minutes, I couldn`t realise what was happening but soon felt
severe pain on my face," the victim said in her complaint.
According to police, the woman is a divorcee and had been
living separately. They suspect previous marital disputes as
the reason behind the attack.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory