Woman suffers burn injuries in acid attack in Punjab
Jalandhar (Punjab): An unidentified
motorcyclist threw acid on a middle-aged woman, seriously
injuring her, at Shaheed Udham Singh Nagar locality here
on Tuesday, police said.
The attack happened when 35-year-old Shashi Bala of
Makhdoom Pura locality was proceeding towards her workplace in
Avtar Nagar, they said.
The victim, who is a divorcee, is out of danger. She
suffered burn injuries on her face, right arm and her feet,
"While I was walking towards my workplace, a motorcyclist
wearing helmet on his face threw acid on my face. For a few
minutes, I couldn`t realise what was happening but soon felt
severe pain on my face," the victim said in her complaint.
According to police, the woman is a divorcee and had been
living separately. They suspect previous marital disputes as
the reason behind the attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH