Woman, teenaged son hacked to death in Punjab
Gurdaspur: Unidentified assailants hacked a 50-year-old woman and her teenaged son to death at their house in Fatehgarh Churian town in the district today, police said.
According to Deputy Superintendent of Police Tilak Raj, one Malkiat Kaur (50) and her son Lovepreet Singh (17) were found murdered at their house in Baghwali Gali in Ward No.10.
The two victims were found with their throats slit by sharp weapons, Raj said, adding that the assailants had decamped with jewellery and cash from the house. Lovepreet was a student in Plus-II.
The husband of the deceased Kaur was not present in the house at the time of the crime.
It is being suspected that some persons had barged into the house in the wee hours of Monday intending to commit robbery.
Batala SSP Vikram Pal Singh Bhatti and SP (headquarters) Jatinder Singh Mand reached the spot with a heavy police force and took stock of the situation.
A dog squad team and fingerprint experts are helping in the probe and the area has been cordoned off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption