Woman, teenaged son hacked to death in Punjab
Gurdaspur: Unidentified assailants hacked a 50-year-old woman and her teenaged son to death at their house in Fatehgarh Churian town in the district today, police said.
According to Deputy Superintendent of Police Tilak Raj, one Malkiat Kaur (50) and her son Lovepreet Singh (17) were found murdered at their house in Baghwali Gali in Ward No.10.
The two victims were found with their throats slit by sharp weapons, Raj said, adding that the assailants had decamped with jewellery and cash from the house. Lovepreet was a student in Plus-II.
The husband of the deceased Kaur was not present in the house at the time of the crime.
It is being suspected that some persons had barged into the house in the wee hours of Monday intending to commit robbery.
Batala SSP Vikram Pal Singh Bhatti and SP (headquarters) Jatinder Singh Mand reached the spot with a heavy police force and took stock of the situation.
A dog squad team and fingerprint experts are helping in the probe and the area has been cordoned off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Smartphone shipments in India grew 15% in Q2: Report
- Official Prince tribute concert set for October in Minnesota
- With eye on UP polls, Rahul, Sheila to interact with party workers in Lucknow today
- Dishoom movie review: Varun Dhawan, John Abraham are the new 'bade miyan chhote miyan'!
- Turkey detains 3 top businessmen in probe after coup