Woman, teenaged son hacked to death in Punjab
Gurdaspur: Unidentified assailants hacked a 50-year-old woman and her teenaged son to death at their house in Fatehgarh Churian town in the district today, police said.
According to Deputy Superintendent of Police Tilak Raj, one Malkiat Kaur (50) and her son Lovepreet Singh (17) were found murdered at their house in Baghwali Gali in Ward No.10.
The two victims were found with their throats slit by sharp weapons, Raj said, adding that the assailants had decamped with jewellery and cash from the house. Lovepreet was a student in Plus-II.
The husband of the deceased Kaur was not present in the house at the time of the crime.
It is being suspected that some persons had barged into the house in the wee hours of Monday intending to commit robbery.
Batala SSP Vikram Pal Singh Bhatti and SP (headquarters) Jatinder Singh Mand reached the spot with a heavy police force and took stock of the situation.
A dog squad team and fingerprint experts are helping in the probe and the area has been cordoned off.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan