Woman travel agent held on fraud charges
Phagwara: A woman travel agent was arrested for allegedly duping a man of Rs 2.5 lakh on the pretext of sending him abroad, police said on Saturday.
According to a complaint lodged by Lakhan Bhatti, Parveen Kumari had cheated him of the money which he had given for issuing him documents for travelling to Italy, they said.
Later, Bhatti found that the documents provided to him were forged after which he demanded his money back from the agent, who threatened him with dire consequences, police said.
However, Bhatti lodged a complaint with the police who arrested the woman yesterday and a case has been registered against her, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?
- Govt blocks over 800 porn websites – complete list