Woman travel agent held on fraud charges
Phagwara: A woman travel agent was arrested for allegedly duping a man of Rs 2.5 lakh on the pretext of sending him abroad, police said on Saturday.
According to a complaint lodged by Lakhan Bhatti, Parveen Kumari had cheated him of the money which he had given for issuing him documents for travelling to Italy, they said.
Later, Bhatti found that the documents provided to him were forged after which he demanded his money back from the agent, who threatened him with dire consequences, police said.
However, Bhatti lodged a complaint with the police who arrested the woman yesterday and a case has been registered against her, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan