World`s longest married couple is from Punjab!
London: Karam Chand and his wife Katari, who have eight children and 28 grandchildren, have been married for 87 years, making them the world`s longest married couple.
The pair say that the key to success is looking after each other in every way possible: "My trick is to make Katari laugh. I like to tell jokes and make her smile. Being funny is my way of being romantic," says 107-year-old Karam.
From romantic meals to sharing jokes, the couple, who hail from Punjab, India and now live in Bradford ensure that they do little things for each other to keep the romance alive, the Daily Mail reported Thursday.
"When I was young I used to make him a nice fresh meal every night. We are vegetarians so I brought lots of fresh vegetables and made sure he was eating healthy food," said Katari, who is 100 years old.
Their marriage has lasted nearly five years longer than that of the current Guinness World Record holders and the couple are in the process of getting confirmation from the company that they will be named as the new record holders, the Mail said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users