World`s longest married couple is from Punjab!
London: Karam Chand and his wife Katari, who have eight children and 28 grandchildren, have been married for 87 years, making them the world`s longest married couple.
The pair say that the key to success is looking after each other in every way possible: "My trick is to make Katari laugh. I like to tell jokes and make her smile. Being funny is my way of being romantic," says 107-year-old Karam.
From romantic meals to sharing jokes, the couple, who hail from Punjab, India and now live in Bradford ensure that they do little things for each other to keep the romance alive, the Daily Mail reported Thursday.
"When I was young I used to make him a nice fresh meal every night. We are vegetarians so I brought lots of fresh vegetables and made sure he was eating healthy food," said Katari, who is 100 years old.
Their marriage has lasted nearly five years longer than that of the current Guinness World Record holders and the couple are in the process of getting confirmation from the company that they will be named as the new record holders, the Mail said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa