Yamunanagar corporation fight: Cases booked against 6
Chandigarh: Six persons have been booked for their alleged role in a fight that broke out at the office of the Yamunanagar Municipal Corporation between the supporters of the mayor and her deputy over a dispute involving chairs, police said.
"We have booked six persons in all, three from each side as both filed complaints," Yamunanagar SP, Y Puran Kumar, said on Tuesday about the incident which took place yesterday.
He said that no arrests had been made so far and an inquiry was on into the case. A woman councillor, BJP`s Sangeeta Singhal, was injured in the incident.
Mayor Saroj Bala (Independent) had yesterday arrived at the office and found her deputy, BJP`s Pawan Bittu, seated there along with some other persons.
Tempers ran high when the mayor and her supporters discovered they had no place to sit.
Soon, with Bala insisting that he leave and Bittu refusing to relent, the mayor`s supporters got into a fight with her deputy.
A few councillors of the 20-member House were present at the Corporation Office at the time and they, too, joined in the melee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!