Yamunanagar corporation fight: Cases booked against 6
Chandigarh: Six persons have been booked for their alleged role in a fight that broke out at the office of the Yamunanagar Municipal Corporation between the supporters of the mayor and her deputy over a dispute involving chairs, police said.
"We have booked six persons in all, three from each side as both filed complaints," Yamunanagar SP, Y Puran Kumar, said on Tuesday about the incident which took place yesterday.
He said that no arrests had been made so far and an inquiry was on into the case. A woman councillor, BJP`s Sangeeta Singhal, was injured in the incident.
Mayor Saroj Bala (Independent) had yesterday arrived at the office and found her deputy, BJP`s Pawan Bittu, seated there along with some other persons.
Tempers ran high when the mayor and her supporters discovered they had no place to sit.
Soon, with Bala insisting that he leave and Bittu refusing to relent, the mayor`s supporters got into a fight with her deputy.
A few councillors of the 20-member House were present at the Corporation Office at the time and they, too, joined in the melee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 'Dishoom' promotions: Jacqueline Fernandez can't wait to crack up on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'
- Google's latest app will bring Indian art and culture closer
- Hungary's Orban says "obvious connection" between terrorism and migration
- Parineeti Chopra is not part of 'Mubaraka'
- ITC Q1 net profit up 10% to Rs 2,385 crore