Yamunanagar corporation fight: Cases booked against 6
Chandigarh: Six persons have been booked for their alleged role in a fight that broke out at the office of the Yamunanagar Municipal Corporation between the supporters of the mayor and her deputy over a dispute involving chairs, police said.
"We have booked six persons in all, three from each side as both filed complaints," Yamunanagar SP, Y Puran Kumar, said on Tuesday about the incident which took place yesterday.
He said that no arrests had been made so far and an inquiry was on into the case. A woman councillor, BJP`s Sangeeta Singhal, was injured in the incident.
Mayor Saroj Bala (Independent) had yesterday arrived at the office and found her deputy, BJP`s Pawan Bittu, seated there along with some other persons.
Tempers ran high when the mayor and her supporters discovered they had no place to sit.
Soon, with Bala insisting that he leave and Bittu refusing to relent, the mayor`s supporters got into a fight with her deputy.
A few councillors of the 20-member House were present at the Corporation Office at the time and they, too, joined in the melee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price