Youth accused in terror module case ruled to be minor
Fatehgarh Sahib: A court here on Wednesday sent to juvenile home one of the accused held for allegedly being part of a terror module after ruling him to be a minor.
Following the expiry of police remand, Tarandeep Singh was presented before the duty magistrate, who passed the said orders after the defence counsel argued that the accused in question was a minor.
To counter prosecution charges that Tarandeep was not a minor, the defence produced before court the birth and matriculation certificates of the accused.
As per the above documents, Tarandeep was born on April 10, 1996, and cleared his matriculation examination from Government Senior Secondary School, Mari Buchi (Gurdaspur) in 2011.
Following directions from court, Tarandeep was presented in Juvenile Court which sent him to a Juvenile Home in Ludhiana. He will now be produced in court on October 1.
Meanwhile, Satnam Singh and five others accused in the case were also presented in court and remanded in police custody till September 21.
Fatehgarh Sahib police had claimed to have busted a terror module on September 6 with the arrest of seven persons. Six weapons were recovered from the possession of the accused.
Following a tip-off, police had arrested the youths, aged between 21 to 25, from Peerjain village of Fatehgarh Sahib district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?