Youth Congress stages protest at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Activists of Punjab Youth Congress on Monday staged a demonstration near the Attari-Wagah border here protesting against the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops.
Protesters, led by its president Vikramjit Singh Chaudhary, raised slogans against the Pakistan government and its army for the brutal killing.
The PYC chief said, "Pakistan should understand that such acts cannot demoralise Indian army and our countrymen."
Youth Congress activists were also carrying anti-Pakistan placards.
Chaudhary also urged the Centre and international peace organisations to snap all ties with Pakistan and suspend all international cricket matches and musical concerts.
PYC also appealed youth to observe at least one day fast as a mark of respect for the families of brave soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Uttarakhand: BJP MLA Prem Singh Rana insulted during CM Harish Rawat's speech
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth