Youth Congress stages protest at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Activists of Punjab Youth Congress on Monday staged a demonstration near the Attari-Wagah border here protesting against the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops.
Protesters, led by its president Vikramjit Singh Chaudhary, raised slogans against the Pakistan government and its army for the brutal killing.
The PYC chief said, "Pakistan should understand that such acts cannot demoralise Indian army and our countrymen."
Youth Congress activists were also carrying anti-Pakistan placards.
Chaudhary also urged the Centre and international peace organisations to snap all ties with Pakistan and suspend all international cricket matches and musical concerts.
PYC also appealed youth to observe at least one day fast as a mark of respect for the families of brave soldiers.
- Bizarre selfie craze: 15-year-old boy shoots self in Pathankot, lands in hospital
- Quota stir in Gujarat phase-II: Hardik Patel's PAAS to begin 'lollipop Mahotsav' protest from today
- Real Estate Act, designed to protect consumer interest, comes into force from today
- What an idea! Here's why NCP workers in Maharashtra danced in 'Nagin' style - Watch video
- John Kerry to travel to Geneva on Sunday in show of support for Syria ceasefire: US