Youth Congress stages protest at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Activists of Punjab Youth Congress on Monday staged a demonstration near the Attari-Wagah border here protesting against the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops.
Protesters, led by its president Vikramjit Singh Chaudhary, raised slogans against the Pakistan government and its army for the brutal killing.
The PYC chief said, "Pakistan should understand that such acts cannot demoralise Indian army and our countrymen."
Youth Congress activists were also carrying anti-Pakistan placards.
Chaudhary also urged the Centre and international peace organisations to snap all ties with Pakistan and suspend all international cricket matches and musical concerts.
PYC also appealed youth to observe at least one day fast as a mark of respect for the families of brave soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win