Youth Congress stages protest at Indo-Pak border
Amritsar: Activists of Punjab Youth Congress on Monday staged a demonstration near the Attari-Wagah border here protesting against the killing of two Indian soldiers by Pakistani troops.
Protesters, led by its president Vikramjit Singh Chaudhary, raised slogans against the Pakistan government and its army for the brutal killing.
The PYC chief said, "Pakistan should understand that such acts cannot demoralise Indian army and our countrymen."
Youth Congress activists were also carrying anti-Pakistan placards.
Chaudhary also urged the Centre and international peace organisations to snap all ties with Pakistan and suspend all international cricket matches and musical concerts.
PYC also appealed youth to observe at least one day fast as a mark of respect for the families of brave soldiers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead