11 arrested for pelting stones at police station
Bikaner: Eleven persons, including two CPI(M) leaders, were arrested on Sunday in connection with stone pelting at a police station here during a protest over a custodial death in April, police said.
CPI(M) leader Kaluram Thori, CPI(M) district additional secretary Shyoptram Meghwal and nine others have been arrested, they said.
On April 4, a group of people were protesting against the death of jail inmate under suspicious circumstances in Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district on April 3.
After the death of the inmate, Gurmeet Singh, his family members and locals had staged a dharna in front of Sameja police station.
When police had asked them to vacate the place, they refused and started pelting stones at policemen, injuring some of them. Police had to resort to lathicharge to remove them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Importance of showing gratitude Part IV
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat'
- PM Modi addresses the nation in 20th edition of 'Mann Ki Baat' Part II
- WATCH: 'We'll come to India to take revenge of Babri Masjid, Gujarat and Muzaffarnagar', threatens ISIS video
- Cricket fraternity congratulates new BCCI president Anurag Thakur
- Watch – Transgenders trying to steal baby in Delhi's Pacific mall
- Coldness grows between Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif – former couple not to work together anymore?
- Did you know? India's first bullet train will run under water