11 arrested for pelting stones at police station
Bikaner: Eleven persons, including two CPI(M) leaders, were arrested on Sunday in connection with stone pelting at a police station here during a protest over a custodial death in April, police said.
CPI(M) leader Kaluram Thori, CPI(M) district additional secretary Shyoptram Meghwal and nine others have been arrested, they said.
On April 4, a group of people were protesting against the death of jail inmate under suspicious circumstances in Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district on April 3.
After the death of the inmate, Gurmeet Singh, his family members and locals had staged a dharna in front of Sameja police station.
When police had asked them to vacate the place, they refused and started pelting stones at policemen, injuring some of them. Police had to resort to lathicharge to remove them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’