11 arrested for pelting stones at police station
Bikaner: Eleven persons, including two CPI(M) leaders, were arrested on Sunday in connection with stone pelting at a police station here during a protest over a custodial death in April, police said.
CPI(M) leader Kaluram Thori, CPI(M) district additional secretary Shyoptram Meghwal and nine others have been arrested, they said.
On April 4, a group of people were protesting against the death of jail inmate under suspicious circumstances in Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district on April 3.
After the death of the inmate, Gurmeet Singh, his family members and locals had staged a dharna in front of Sameja police station.
When police had asked them to vacate the place, they refused and started pelting stones at policemen, injuring some of them. Police had to resort to lathicharge to remove them.
- Nagaland HSLC (Class 10) Result 2016 to be declared shortly
- One trillion species on Earth and we know nothing
- US didn't trust Pakistan, so conducted Osama raid alone: Former CIA director Leon Panetta
- Nagaland HSSLC (Class 12) Result 2016 to be declared soon
- Xiaomi Mi 5, Redmi Note 3 open sale today; no need for registration