11 arrested for pelting stones at police station
Bikaner: Eleven persons, including two CPI(M) leaders, were arrested on Sunday in connection with stone pelting at a police station here during a protest over a custodial death in April, police said.
CPI(M) leader Kaluram Thori, CPI(M) district additional secretary Shyoptram Meghwal and nine others have been arrested, they said.
On April 4, a group of people were protesting against the death of jail inmate under suspicious circumstances in Rajasthan`s Sriganganagar district on April 3.
After the death of the inmate, Gurmeet Singh, his family members and locals had staged a dharna in front of Sameja police station.
When police had asked them to vacate the place, they refused and started pelting stones at policemen, injuring some of them. Police had to resort to lathicharge to remove them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai