12 Atomic power units to come up by 2012: NPCIL
Kota: The Nuclear Power
Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) will install 12 atomic
units in the country by the 2012, its Chairman-cum-Managing
Director Dr S N Jain has said.
Of these, six units would be set up in technical
collaboration with American companies and the remaining six
units be set up with indigenous technology, Jain told
reporters at Rajasthan Atomic Power Stations campus in
Rawatbhata town yesterday.
The capacity of these units would be 1000 to 10,000
megawatts, the CMD said.
Jain said that work on the first stage of setting up
of the four units of 70 MWS would begin, though out of them
two had already commemced in Fatehpur in Haryana and Chutks in
He said that big deposits of uranium had been recently
discovered in Africa, Namibia, and Nigeria, and talks were on
with these countries for purchase of uranium mine by India
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!