12 Atomic power units to come up by 2012: NPCIL
Kota: The Nuclear Power
Corporation of India Limited (NPCIL) will install 12 atomic
units in the country by the 2012, its Chairman-cum-Managing
Director Dr S N Jain has said.
Of these, six units would be set up in technical
collaboration with American companies and the remaining six
units be set up with indigenous technology, Jain told
reporters at Rajasthan Atomic Power Stations campus in
Rawatbhata town yesterday.
The capacity of these units would be 1000 to 10,000
megawatts, the CMD said.
Jain said that work on the first stage of setting up
of the four units of 70 MWS would begin, though out of them
two had already commemced in Fatehpur in Haryana and Chutks in
He said that big deposits of uranium had been recently
discovered in Africa, Namibia, and Nigeria, and talks were on
with these countries for purchase of uranium mine by India
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?