12 SHOs shunted for alleged role in extortion
Ajmer: Station House Officers of 12 police stations who allegedly contributed in monthly collection for their seniors have been removed from their postings and sent to police lines, sources said Sunday.
The action was taken by Inspector General Ajmer Anil Paliwal after their names cropped up during ongoing probe by Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) in bid to extort money by suspended IPS officer Rajesh Meena.
"SHOs of Ramganj, Christianganj, Civil lines, Dargah, Clock Tower, Adarsh Nagar, Ganj, Pushkar, Nasirabad Sadar, Sanwar, traffic and Bhinay police stations were sent to police lines last night," sources said.
Several slips with details of money sent by various SHOs to the SP were recovered during inspection at the suspended SP`s residence by the ACB team on January 2 and the role of the SHOs was under scanner since then, ACB sources said.
Meena and his alleged agent Ramdev, who used to collect money from the SHOs with the help of Additional SP Lokesh Sonwal, were arrested on Wednesday, they said.
The Additional SP is absconding and was suspended last night.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?