13 killed, 26 injured in mishaps at Churu
Jaipur: Thirteen persons, including two
kids, were today killed and 26 others injured in two separate
mishaps in Rajasthan`s Churu district, police said.
In the first incident which took place near Bhanipur
area, two passenger vehicles collided head-on, while a third
vehicle coming from behind overturned while trying to avert a
Thirty three passengers were travelling in the three
vehicles, and ten out of them, including two kids, were killed
on the spot while 23 others were hospitalised, they said.
Passengers in two vehicles, one which collided and
another overturned, were on their way to a neaby village to
attend a marriage function.
In an another incident near Lasedi village in the same
district, three persons were killed and as many injured when a
jeep in which they were travelling had a head-on collision
with a Rajasthan Roadways bus.
The victims were returning home in Haryana from Jhunjhunu
when the mishap took place, they said adding condition of
injured was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'