16 killed in road mishaps in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Sixteen people were killed and
several others injured in three separate road accidents in Rajasthan, police said on Thursday.
Nine persons were killed when a jeep in which they were travelling collided with another vehicle near Jodhpur district early on Thursday.
The victims were on their way to nearby Phalodi town when the mishap took place near Lohawat, they said, adding the mishap might have occurred due to fog.
In the second mishap, four persons were killed and one was injured near Chandwaji village late on Wednesday when their jeep overturned after the driver tried to avoid running into a cow.
In Chittorgarh district, three youths were killed when a vehicle hit a motorcycle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Lashkar-e-Toiba carried out deadly 2007 Samjhauta Express blasts: NIA to submit this US intel report in court
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly