16 killed in road mishaps in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Sixteen people were killed and
several others injured in three separate road accidents in Rajasthan, police said on Thursday.
Nine persons were killed when a jeep in which they were travelling collided with another vehicle near Jodhpur district early on Thursday.
The victims were on their way to nearby Phalodi town when the mishap took place near Lohawat, they said, adding the mishap might have occurred due to fog.
In the second mishap, four persons were killed and one was injured near Chandwaji village late on Wednesday when their jeep overturned after the driver tried to avoid running into a cow.
In Chittorgarh district, three youths were killed when a vehicle hit a motorcycle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf