16 killed in road mishaps in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Sixteen people were killed and
several others injured in three separate road accidents in Rajasthan, police said on Thursday.
Nine persons were killed when a jeep in which they were travelling collided with another vehicle near Jodhpur district early on Thursday.
The victims were on their way to nearby Phalodi town when the mishap took place near Lohawat, they said, adding the mishap might have occurred due to fog.
In the second mishap, four persons were killed and one was injured near Chandwaji village late on Wednesday when their jeep overturned after the driver tried to avoid running into a cow.
In Chittorgarh district, three youths were killed when a vehicle hit a motorcycle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred