16 killed in road mishaps in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Sixteen people were killed and
several others injured in three separate road accidents in Rajasthan, police said on Thursday.
Nine persons were killed when a jeep in which they were travelling collided with another vehicle near Jodhpur district early on Thursday.
The victims were on their way to nearby Phalodi town when the mishap took place near Lohawat, they said, adding the mishap might have occurred due to fog.
In the second mishap, four persons were killed and one was injured near Chandwaji village late on Wednesday when their jeep overturned after the driver tried to avoid running into a cow.
In Chittorgarh district, three youths were killed when a vehicle hit a motorcycle.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Volkswagen to pay $10 billion in US over emissions scandal: Source
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted