19 killed, 62 injured in mishaps in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Nineteen people were killed and
62 others injured in two separate road mishaps in Rajasthan,
police said on Thursday.
11 men were killed when a truck carrying a marriage
party overturned in Dholpur district. The incident occurred
last night near Arua-ka-Nala area when the victims were
returning to their native village Khedli after attending the
marriage function at nearby Laloni village, they said.
"Nine men died on the spot, while two others succumbed
to injuries at a hospital. The injured were rushed to
different hospitals in the district and nearby areas,"
Kanchanpura SHO Rajendra Yadav said.
In another mishap, eight persons were killed and 12
others injured in a collision between two cars in Pali
The accident happened near Bavra village when the cars
collided head on yesterday, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions