19 killed, 62 injured in mishaps in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Nineteen people were killed and
62 others injured in two separate road mishaps in Rajasthan,
police said on Thursday.
11 men were killed when a truck carrying a marriage
party overturned in Dholpur district. The incident occurred
last night near Arua-ka-Nala area when the victims were
returning to their native village Khedli after attending the
marriage function at nearby Laloni village, they said.
"Nine men died on the spot, while two others succumbed
to injuries at a hospital. The injured were rushed to
different hospitals in the district and nearby areas,"
Kanchanpura SHO Rajendra Yadav said.
In another mishap, eight persons were killed and 12
others injured in a collision between two cars in Pali
The accident happened near Bavra village when the cars
collided head on yesterday, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state