195 caught for drunken driving on New Year eve in Jaipur
Jaipur: 195 people, most of them youths, were caught here for driving under the influence of alcohol on New Year eve, police said on Tuesday.
Many of them were party-goers and had consumed liquor during New Year celebrations.
"The number is much higher than routine days. We started a special campaign to deter drunken driving some time back which considerably had a good impact," DCP Traffic Lata Manoj Kumar said.
"195 drunk drivers were caught at different places and their vehicles were seized. 106 were penalised for high speed and 164 drivers were caught without helmets," she said.
Special arrangements were in place to check violation of traffic last night and additional policemen were deployed.
The officer said that no major untoward incident occurred during the celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok