195 caught for drunken driving on New Year eve in Jaipur
Jaipur: 195 people, most of them youths, were caught here for driving under the influence of alcohol on New Year eve, police said on Tuesday.
Many of them were party-goers and had consumed liquor during New Year celebrations.
"The number is much higher than routine days. We started a special campaign to deter drunken driving some time back which considerably had a good impact," DCP Traffic Lata Manoj Kumar said.
"195 drunk drivers were caught at different places and their vehicles were seized. 106 were penalised for high speed and 164 drivers were caught without helmets," she said.
Special arrangements were in place to check violation of traffic last night and additional policemen were deployed.
The officer said that no major untoward incident occurred during the celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy