195 caught for drunken driving on New Year eve in Jaipur
Jaipur: 195 people, most of them youths, were caught here for driving under the influence of alcohol on New Year eve, police said on Tuesday.
Many of them were party-goers and had consumed liquor during New Year celebrations.
"The number is much higher than routine days. We started a special campaign to deter drunken driving some time back which considerably had a good impact," DCP Traffic Lata Manoj Kumar said.
"195 drunk drivers were caught at different places and their vehicles were seized. 106 were penalised for high speed and 164 drivers were caught without helmets," she said.
Special arrangements were in place to check violation of traffic last night and additional policemen were deployed.
The officer said that no major untoward incident occurred during the celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing