195 caught for drunken driving on New Year eve in Jaipur
Jaipur: 195 people, most of them youths, were caught here for driving under the influence of alcohol on New Year eve, police said on Tuesday.
Many of them were party-goers and had consumed liquor during New Year celebrations.
"The number is much higher than routine days. We started a special campaign to deter drunken driving some time back which considerably had a good impact," DCP Traffic Lata Manoj Kumar said.
"195 drunk drivers were caught at different places and their vehicles were seized. 106 were penalised for high speed and 164 drivers were caught without helmets," she said.
Special arrangements were in place to check violation of traffic last night and additional policemen were deployed.
The officer said that no major untoward incident occurred during the celebrations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city