250 kite flying accidents mark Makar Sakranti in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Over 250 people, including several
children, were injured in separate kite-flying related
incidents in the city on the occasion of Makar Sakranti,
according to hospital officials.
Around 30 children were rushed to different hospitals
after they accidentally fell from their roofs while flying
kites in different parts of the city.
Some of them were also treated for injuries caused by the
glass coated kite strings or `manjha`. 70 such cases were
reported in Sawai Man Singh government hospital till last
Several other hospitals, including Jaipur government
hospital, satellite hospitals and private hospitals also
received such cases.
Meanwhile, several birds, mostly pigeons, also received
injuries due to the glass coated `Manjhas`.
"We rescued 81 birds of which 16 died yesterday. Number
of injured birds will increase by Sunday as kite flying will
also take place on Saturday and Sunday," a bird lover Rohit
Gangwal, who also runs an NGO said.
Several other NGOs and veterinary hospitals here are also
making arrangements for treating injured birds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price