28 killed in rain-related mishaps in Rajasthan since June
Jaipur: Seven members of a family were killed and three others injured when the wall of their house collapsed following heavy rains in Baran district, taking the total number of people killed due to rain-related incidents in the state since June to 28.
Superintendent of Police Baran, P Deshmukh said the seven were killed in the house collapse during heavy rains at Kalmanda village yesterday.
The deceased have been identified as Kavita (7), Sugano (30), Mamta (14), Anita (30), Radhika (1), Deepa (15) and Jyoti (8), the SP said.
Three persons received minor bruises and survived, the SP said.
In another incident in Baran district, five houses in rain affected villages of Unni and Pahari collapsed but about 15 were rescued at Kelwara village yesterday, Station House Officer (SHO), Bhagwan Singh Jadon said.
Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has expressed grief over the untimely death of people in rain-related mishaps.
She also directed the Baran district officials to provide relief those who are trapped in rain related mishaps.
As per the Disaster Management and Relief Guidelines, the next of the kin of the deceased is given Rs 1.5 lakh and the district collector is authorised to make compensation, the official said.
28 persons have been killed in rain-related incidents from June 1 to August 12. While 18 persons died due to drowning or were swept in rainy water, 8 died in wall collapse and two due to lightening, the officials said.
District wise, seven persons died in Baran, six in Ajmer, four in Jaipur`s sub-urban towns, three in Kota, two each in Tonk and Dausa, and one each in Bundi, Chittorgarh, Bhilwara and Sawaimadhopur, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends