3.50 lakh class 8th students in Raj get Rs 6,000 for tablet PC
Jaipur: Over three lakh meritorious students of class 8th in government schools in Rajasthan were on Tuesday given cheques of Rs 6,000 each for purchasing tablet PCs.
The state government`s education department distributed the cheques in 35,819 government schools to 3.5 lakh students who have secured 2nd to 11th position in the merit list of 8th class.
The scheme was announced in the state budget this year. Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot, addressing a state-level function here, said, "The scheme aimed at enabling future generation to learn more about technology during their schooling."
"The scheme fulfils dream of former Prime Minister Rajiv Gandhi who wished the country to enter into the 21st century with full preparation so that we can stand in the line of developed countries of the world," he said.
In the second phase of the scheme, laptops will be given to 1.11 lakh students, he said.
Students who have secured 1st position in the merit list of class 8th and 10,000 students in the merit of 10th and 12th Rajasthan Board examinations will be provided laptops, he said.
One thousand college students who secure first position in all faculties of government colleges will also be provided laptop, he said.
State ministers Shanti Dhariwal, A A Khan, MP Mahesh Joshi, Mayor Jyoti Khandelwal were among others present in the function.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Class Act! Footballer John Obi Mikel donates USD 30,000 to Nigeria's team for Rio Olympics
- Clinton accepts Democratic White House nomination in defining speech
- AMAZING WEIGHT LOSS TIP! Is this the fastest way to lose fat overnight?- Watch
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together