4 arrested for cheating on pretext of providing jobs
Jaipur: Rajasthan’s Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) Wednesday arrested four persons including two lower court clerks and an advocate for collecting money from candidates and promising them success in a court clerk recruitment procedure in Ajmer.
The ACB team had carried out searches at their houses yesterday and seized over Rs 7 lakh and slips having names and roll numbers of some candidates and arrested them today, official sources said.
Those who were arrested are two court clerks -- Rajesh Sharma and Hitesh Sharma, advocate Hemraj and another person Abdul Razzak.
Another advocate Bhagwan Singh had managed to escape when the team searched his house yesterday.
"They were collecting money from candidates for final selection in the ongoing process of clerk recruitment. Some slips with names of candidates were recovered from their possession yesterday.
They are being interrogated to ascertain further details," sources said.
On the other hand, a village Sarpanch and a revenue official were arrested for graft in separate cases.
Pali district`s Kulthana Sarpanch Jogsingh was arrested while accepting a bribe of Rs 13,000 for providing No Objection Certificate for construction of a person`s house. He had earlier taken Rs 2,000.
Mohan Lal Singhal, posted as the Patwari in Bajju area of Bikaner district, was caught while taking a bribe of Rs 2,000 from one Dharmpal for some official work, IG-ACB Smita Srivastava said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand