4 arrested for cheating on pretext of providing jobs
Jaipur: Rajasthan’s Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) Wednesday arrested four persons including two lower court clerks and an advocate for collecting money from candidates and promising them success in a court clerk recruitment procedure in Ajmer.
The ACB team had carried out searches at their houses yesterday and seized over Rs 7 lakh and slips having names and roll numbers of some candidates and arrested them today, official sources said.
Those who were arrested are two court clerks -- Rajesh Sharma and Hitesh Sharma, advocate Hemraj and another person Abdul Razzak.
Another advocate Bhagwan Singh had managed to escape when the team searched his house yesterday.
"They were collecting money from candidates for final selection in the ongoing process of clerk recruitment. Some slips with names of candidates were recovered from their possession yesterday.
They are being interrogated to ascertain further details," sources said.
On the other hand, a village Sarpanch and a revenue official were arrested for graft in separate cases.
Pali district`s Kulthana Sarpanch Jogsingh was arrested while accepting a bribe of Rs 13,000 for providing No Objection Certificate for construction of a person`s house. He had earlier taken Rs 2,000.
Mohan Lal Singhal, posted as the Patwari in Bajju area of Bikaner district, was caught while taking a bribe of Rs 2,000 from one Dharmpal for some official work, IG-ACB Smita Srivastava said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mario Miranda’s 90th birthday: Google honours cartoonist with an illustrative doodle!
- Planning to go trekking? Head to Uttarakhand – Here’s something new
- Arvind Kejriwal to visit Uttar Pradesh today
- Massive post poll violence in Malda, 4 TMC workers dead; Congress attacked them with bombs?
- Indian Premier League 9: More trouble for Rising Pune Supergiants as in-form Steve Smith flies back home due to wrist injury