4 arrested for cheating on pretext of providing jobs
Jaipur: Rajasthan’s Anti Corruption Bureau (ACB) Wednesday arrested four persons including two lower court clerks and an advocate for collecting money from candidates and promising them success in a court clerk recruitment procedure in Ajmer.
The ACB team had carried out searches at their houses yesterday and seized over Rs 7 lakh and slips having names and roll numbers of some candidates and arrested them today, official sources said.
Those who were arrested are two court clerks -- Rajesh Sharma and Hitesh Sharma, advocate Hemraj and another person Abdul Razzak.
Another advocate Bhagwan Singh had managed to escape when the team searched his house yesterday.
"They were collecting money from candidates for final selection in the ongoing process of clerk recruitment. Some slips with names of candidates were recovered from their possession yesterday.
They are being interrogated to ascertain further details," sources said.
On the other hand, a village Sarpanch and a revenue official were arrested for graft in separate cases.
Pali district`s Kulthana Sarpanch Jogsingh was arrested while accepting a bribe of Rs 13,000 for providing No Objection Certificate for construction of a person`s house. He had earlier taken Rs 2,000.
Mohan Lal Singhal, posted as the Patwari in Bajju area of Bikaner district, was caught while taking a bribe of Rs 2,000 from one Dharmpal for some official work, IG-ACB Smita Srivastava said here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video