4 dead, 1 injured after clay pit caves in at Bapunagar
Jaipur: Four persons of a family died on Wednesday when a major portion of a pit, where they were digging clay soil, caved in and buried them alive at Bapunagar village in Pali district, police said.
One more member of the family was found with injuries and rushed to a hospital in Sumerpur, police said.
The five members of the family had gone to dig clay soil in the pit for building their house`s wall, when a major portion of the pit fell on them around 12:30 pm, they said.
The bodies were recovered after removing clay using JCB, and the injured was rushed to a government hospital, police said, adding that the persons were yet to be identified.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'