4 of a family arrested for IPL betting racket
Jaipur: A cricket-betting racket being run by a family has been busted in the city with arrest of four persons, including a couple.
On a tip-off, police raided a house in Jawahar area and arrested a man, Ashok Motwani, his wife and two brothers while they were betting during the IPL match last night, police said on Wednesday.
Cash worth over Rs 14 lakh, 16 mobile phones, some diaries with entries worth crores of rupees and other betting related items were also recovered from the house.
Motwani is a habitual offender and has been involved in betting since a long time, police said.
Two more bookies were arrested from the same area last night during a raid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video