4 prisoners freed from police custody by armed men
Alwar: Four undertrials were on Tuesday freed from police custody by a group of 12 armed men from outside a court here, police said.
A police team had brought the prisoners in a vehicle to the sessions court at Tijara in connection with a loot case.
As soon as the undertrials alighted from the police vehicle, the armed men, who were waiting outside the court, surrounded them and took them away in a jeep, a senior police officer said.
The men also opened fire in the air to create panic, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note