45 live cartridges go missing from police van
Jaipur: Forty-five live rifle cartridges went missing from a police van in walled city area here.
A police party led by a head constable was on patrolling duty from Jaleb Chowk to Manak Chowk late on Friday night when the police rifle cartridges were found to be missing, Mahendra Singh, Deputy Commissioner of Police, Jaipur North said.
"The cartridges went missing from the van. It came to light when one of the members checked the cartridges after the vehicle halted at a place," he said.
Authorities have sounded alert across the state.
There were four policemen in the van when the cartridges went missing, Singh said, adding, the matter is being probed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'