5 die in road mishap near Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A local politician who was to
contest the December 1 Assembly polls in Rajasthan, was among five persons killed in a road mishap near Pachpadra, police said today.
Narendra Kumar Dewasi, National People`s Party candidate from Gudamalani constituency of Barmer district, and four others died when their vehicle collided head-on with a truck last night, police said.
Four of them died on the spot, while two injured persons were rushed to hospital, Barmer SP Sawai Singh Godara said.
One of the injured died in a Jodhpur hospital and the other is still undergoing treatment and is said to be in a critical state, he said.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Inactivated Polio Vaccine (IPV): A new tool in the fight against polio – Watch to know more about it!
- Planning a trip to USA? Check out top 5 attractions for a family holiday this summer!
- One killed in Sydney mall shooting
- Eva Mendes' brother Carlos loses cancer battle
- Swamy challenges expunging of comments in RS