5 die in road mishap near Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A local politician who was to
contest the December 1 Assembly polls in Rajasthan, was among five persons killed in a road mishap near Pachpadra, police said today.
Narendra Kumar Dewasi, National People`s Party candidate from Gudamalani constituency of Barmer district, and four others died when their vehicle collided head-on with a truck last night, police said.
Four of them died on the spot, while two injured persons were rushed to hospital, Barmer SP Sawai Singh Godara said.
One of the injured died in a Jodhpur hospital and the other is still undergoing treatment and is said to be in a critical state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA