5 die in road mishap near Jodhpur
Jodhpur: A local politician who was to
contest the December 1 Assembly polls in Rajasthan, was among five persons killed in a road mishap near Pachpadra, police said today.
Narendra Kumar Dewasi, National People`s Party candidate from Gudamalani constituency of Barmer district, and four others died when their vehicle collided head-on with a truck last night, police said.
Four of them died on the spot, while two injured persons were rushed to hospital, Barmer SP Sawai Singh Godara said.
One of the injured died in a Jodhpur hospital and the other is still undergoing treatment and is said to be in a critical state, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing