5 killed, 15 hurt by lightning in Rajasthan
Jaipur: Strong winds accompanied by rain
and lightning claimed five lives and injured 15 others at two
different places in the state, police said.
Three teenagers, including a girl, were killed when
lightning struck them when they were playing outside their
house in Jorawar nagar village, about 80 km from here, they
The deceased were identified as Babulal (19), Lala Ram
(8) and Pinki (15).
In another incident, two persons were killed and 15
others, including four women, were injured when lightning
struck them in Jodhpur region, police said.
Saleem (14) was killed when lightning struck him in
Hopardi village and Sharvan Singh (19) died and eight others
were injured when they were hit by lightning in Shergarh.
Seven persons were also injured when struck by
lightning in Jawar. The injured were rushed to Mahatma Gandhi
Hospital in Jodhpur, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok