53-yr-old man lynched for trying to rape minor
Bikaner: A 53-year-old man was lynched for allegedly attempting to rape a minor girl at his house in Hanumangarh district in Rajasthan, police said here Wednesday.
A murder case has been lodged against 12 people in this connection, police said.
Trilok Singh Bawri had brought a seven-year-old girl to his house where he tried to rape her last night, DSP (Sangaria) Dharmaram Poonia said.
When the girl raised an alarm, neighbours entered the house and caught the man and thrashed him badly, Poonia said.
Police reached the spot on being informed about the incident and rushed the man to a district hospital in unconscious state, where he succumbed to injuries last night, the DSP said.
A murder case has been lodged against Puran Singh, Prem Singh, Sundar Singh and nine others, he said.
Bawri was convicted for rape and murder 27 years ago, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack