53-yr-old man lynched for trying to rape minor
Bikaner: A 53-year-old man was lynched for allegedly attempting to rape a minor girl at his house in Hanumangarh district in Rajasthan, police said here Wednesday.
A murder case has been lodged against 12 people in this connection, police said.
Trilok Singh Bawri had brought a seven-year-old girl to his house where he tried to rape her last night, DSP (Sangaria) Dharmaram Poonia said.
When the girl raised an alarm, neighbours entered the house and caught the man and thrashed him badly, Poonia said.
Police reached the spot on being informed about the incident and rushed the man to a district hospital in unconscious state, where he succumbed to injuries last night, the DSP said.
A murder case has been lodged against Puran Singh, Prem Singh, Sundar Singh and nine others, he said.
Bawri was convicted for rape and murder 27 years ago, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj