53-yr-old man lynched for trying to rape minor
Bikaner: A 53-year-old man was lynched for allegedly attempting to rape a minor girl at his house in Hanumangarh district in Rajasthan, police said here Wednesday.
A murder case has been lodged against 12 people in this connection, police said.
Trilok Singh Bawri had brought a seven-year-old girl to his house where he tried to rape her last night, DSP (Sangaria) Dharmaram Poonia said.
When the girl raised an alarm, neighbours entered the house and caught the man and thrashed him badly, Poonia said.
Police reached the spot on being informed about the incident and rushed the man to a district hospital in unconscious state, where he succumbed to injuries last night, the DSP said.
A murder case has been lodged against Puran Singh, Prem Singh, Sundar Singh and nine others, he said.
Bawri was convicted for rape and murder 27 years ago, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan