53-yr-old man lynched for trying to rape minor
Bikaner: A 53-year-old man was lynched for allegedly attempting to rape a minor girl at his house in Hanumangarh district in Rajasthan, police said here Wednesday.
A murder case has been lodged against 12 people in this connection, police said.
Trilok Singh Bawri had brought a seven-year-old girl to his house where he tried to rape her last night, DSP (Sangaria) Dharmaram Poonia said.
When the girl raised an alarm, neighbours entered the house and caught the man and thrashed him badly, Poonia said.
Police reached the spot on being informed about the incident and rushed the man to a district hospital in unconscious state, where he succumbed to injuries last night, the DSP said.
A murder case has been lodged against Puran Singh, Prem Singh, Sundar Singh and nine others, he said.
Bawri was convicted for rape and murder 27 years ago, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley