53-yr-old man lynched for trying to rape minor
Bikaner: A 53-year-old man was lynched for allegedly attempting to rape a minor girl at his house in Hanumangarh district in Rajasthan, police said here Wednesday.
A murder case has been lodged against 12 people in this connection, police said.
Trilok Singh Bawri had brought a seven-year-old girl to his house where he tried to rape her last night, DSP (Sangaria) Dharmaram Poonia said.
When the girl raised an alarm, neighbours entered the house and caught the man and thrashed him badly, Poonia said.
Police reached the spot on being informed about the incident and rushed the man to a district hospital in unconscious state, where he succumbed to injuries last night, the DSP said.
A murder case has been lodged against Puran Singh, Prem Singh, Sundar Singh and nine others, he said.
Bawri was convicted for rape and murder 27 years ago, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'