57 people killed in rain related accidents in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A total of 57 people were killed in rain related incidents in current spell of Monsoon since June in Rajasthan, relief department officials said.
Of these casualties, 38 people died due to either drowning or wash away in stream of rainy water, 13 others died in house collapse incidents, and six trapped to death in lightening, a senior official of the state Disaster Management and Relief Department said.
District wise, eleven persons killed in Bhilwara, nine persons in Ajmer, seven each in Tonk and Baran, six in Jaipur, ?four each in Chittorgarh and Sawaimadhopur, three each in Bundi, Dausa, and Kota, the official said.
For the last two days the south west monsoon weakened over the state giving relief to people specially in Hadauti region including Kota, Baran, Jhalawar, Bundi and Udaipur division covering tribal belt of Banswara and Dungarpur, a MeT official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Live: Jayalalithaa dies at 68 after suffering cardiac arrest; mortal remains brought to her official residence
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what