57 people killed in rain related accidents in Rajasthan
Jaipur: A total of 57 people were killed in rain related incidents in current spell of Monsoon since June in Rajasthan, relief department officials said.
Of these casualties, 38 people died due to either drowning or wash away in stream of rainy water, 13 others died in house collapse incidents, and six trapped to death in lightening, a senior official of the state Disaster Management and Relief Department said.
District wise, eleven persons killed in Bhilwara, nine persons in Ajmer, seven each in Tonk and Baran, six in Jaipur, ?four each in Chittorgarh and Sawaimadhopur, three each in Bundi, Dausa, and Kota, the official said.
For the last two days the south west monsoon weakened over the state giving relief to people specially in Hadauti region including Kota, Baran, Jhalawar, Bundi and Udaipur division covering tribal belt of Banswara and Dungarpur, a MeT official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- A good beginning: Govt on meet between PM Modi, Sonia over GST Bill