5th arrest in Ajmer Dargah blast case
Ajmer: An anti-cow slaughter activist has
been arrested from Gujarat by Rajasthan Anti-Terrorist Squad
for alleged involvement in the 2007 Ajmer dargah blast in
which 3 persons were killed, the 5th arrest in the case.
Mukesh Vasani, 42, who allegedly planted bomb on the
premises of dargah of Khwaja Moinuddin Chisti, was taken into
custody from Godhra yesterday and produced in a court here
which remanded him in police custody till November 9, official
sources said today.
This is the fifth arrest in the case and comes just
2 days after one of the alleged key conspirators, Harshad
Solanki, was nabbed in Vadodara.
"Vasani was arrested in Gujarat yesterday and was
produced before a competent court in Ajmer which remanded him
to police custody till November 9," the sources said, adding,
that Vasani worked as a building contractor in Gujarat.
Solanki during interrogation revealed Vasani`s name
following which he was taken into custody by the Rajasthan
ATS, they said.
Solanki, alias Munna alias Raj alias Daadhi Bhai, has
also been remanded in police custody till November 9. Police
said he was also involved in the 2002 Best Bakery riot case in
Vadodara and had been absconding since 2004. He came into
contact with Sunil Joshi, a suspect in the Ajmer blast case
who was murdered in December 2007 in Madhya Pradesh, and had
played an important role in preparing the bombs, they said.
The ATS had filed a charge sheet before the court of
Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate on October 22 against
five persons -- Devendra Gupta, Lokesh Sharma, Chander Shekhar
Lave and two absconding accused Sandeep Dange and Ramji
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves