64 women students miss plus two exam
Jajpur: Sixty-four students of a women`s college near here could not appear in the final year plus two arts examination as the college authorities failed to issue them admit cards, police said here on Sunday.
After being directed by the Sub-Collector, Jajpur, the students of Regional Women`s College at Bandhamunda had lodged a complaint against the college authorities, they said.
The students had filled up their forms on time with requisite fees for the examinations being conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha.
When they came to collect their admit cards on Friday, a day before commencement of the examination, the Principal had asked them to obtain their cards on the examination day but the authorities could not issue the same and students failed to appear.
We have received a complaint from the students and a case has been registered. We have sought the admission register, CHSC recognition letter and other related documents of the college and investigations are underway, said Deepak Kumar, Superintendent of Police of Jajpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside