64 women students miss plus two exam
Jajpur: Sixty-four students of a women`s college near here could not appear in the final year plus two arts examination as the college authorities failed to issue them admit cards, police said here on Sunday.
After being directed by the Sub-Collector, Jajpur, the students of Regional Women`s College at Bandhamunda had lodged a complaint against the college authorities, they said.
The students had filled up their forms on time with requisite fees for the examinations being conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha.
When they came to collect their admit cards on Friday, a day before commencement of the examination, the Principal had asked them to obtain their cards on the examination day but the authorities could not issue the same and students failed to appear.
We have received a complaint from the students and a case has been registered. We have sought the admission register, CHSC recognition letter and other related documents of the college and investigations are underway, said Deepak Kumar, Superintendent of Police of Jajpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday