64 women students miss plus two exam
Jajpur: Sixty-four students of a women`s college near here could not appear in the final year plus two arts examination as the college authorities failed to issue them admit cards, police said here on Sunday.
After being directed by the Sub-Collector, Jajpur, the students of Regional Women`s College at Bandhamunda had lodged a complaint against the college authorities, they said.
The students had filled up their forms on time with requisite fees for the examinations being conducted by the Council of Higher Secondary Education (CHSE), Odisha.
When they came to collect their admit cards on Friday, a day before commencement of the examination, the Principal had asked them to obtain their cards on the examination day but the authorities could not issue the same and students failed to appear.
We have received a complaint from the students and a case has been registered. We have sought the admission register, CHSC recognition letter and other related documents of the college and investigations are underway, said Deepak Kumar, Superintendent of Police of Jajpur.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened