66 cases of sale of tobacco products in prohibited areas
Jaipur: In a special drive against the sale
of tobacco products in prohibited areas, Jaipur police have
registered cases against 66 persons.
Cases were registered and tobacco products seized from
them in one-day special campaign yesterday on the occasion of
International anti-smoking day, IGP I B L Sonia said.
Out of 66 cases registered with different police
stations, 50 were lodged in Jaipur city while rest 16 were
filed in Jaipur Rural area, the IGP said.
Most of the accused were selling tobacco products
including cigarettes in the areas especially nearby school,
colleges and other educational institutions, Soni added.
The cases were registered under Rajasthan Prohibition
of Smoking and Non Smokers` Health Protection Act, the officer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum