66 cases of sale of tobacco products in prohibited areas
Jaipur: In a special drive against the sale
of tobacco products in prohibited areas, Jaipur police have
registered cases against 66 persons.
Cases were registered and tobacco products seized from
them in one-day special campaign yesterday on the occasion of
International anti-smoking day, IGP I B L Sonia said.
Out of 66 cases registered with different police
stations, 50 were lodged in Jaipur city while rest 16 were
filed in Jaipur Rural area, the IGP said.
Most of the accused were selling tobacco products
including cigarettes in the areas especially nearby school,
colleges and other educational institutions, Soni added.
The cases were registered under Rajasthan Prohibition
of Smoking and Non Smokers` Health Protection Act, the officer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state