66 cases of sale of tobacco products in prohibited areas
Jaipur: In a special drive against the sale
of tobacco products in prohibited areas, Jaipur police have
registered cases against 66 persons.
Cases were registered and tobacco products seized from
them in one-day special campaign yesterday on the occasion of
International anti-smoking day, IGP I B L Sonia said.
Out of 66 cases registered with different police
stations, 50 were lodged in Jaipur city while rest 16 were
filed in Jaipur Rural area, the IGP said.
Most of the accused were selling tobacco products
including cigarettes in the areas especially nearby school,
colleges and other educational institutions, Soni added.
The cases were registered under Rajasthan Prohibition
of Smoking and Non Smokers` Health Protection Act, the officer
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram