7 killed, 3 injured in wall collapse in Baran
Jaipur: Seven members of a family were killed and three others severely injured, when a wall of the house they were living in collapsed during heavy rains at Kalmanda village in Baran district, police said on Tuesday.
Ten members of the family were having a meal last evening when the wall of their house collapsed over them, killing seven persons, including four minor girls and three women on the spot, Kallulal Verma, Circle inspector (CI), Kotwali said.
The deceased have been identified as Kavita (7), Sugano (30), Mamta (14), Anita (30), Radhika (1), Deepa (15) and Jyoti (8), Superintendent of Police, Baran, P Deshmukh told a news agency over telephone.
Three persons received minor bruises and survived, the SP said.
In another incident in Baran district, five houses in rain-affected villages of Unni and Pahari collapsed but all the people (about fifteen) were rescued at Kelwara village yesterday, Station House Officer (SHO), Bhagwan Singh Jadon said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has expressed grief over the untimely death of people in rain-related mishaps, a press release quoted her as saying.
She also directed the Baran district officials to keep vigilance and provide rescue to those who are trapped in rain-related mishaps.
- Tamil Nadu Assembly Elections: Did DMK use Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' teaser to target AIADMK, Jayalalithaa over Chennai floods?
- Asthma attack without an inhaler: First aid tips – Watch!
- Murtaza Ahmedi: 5-year-old Lionel Messi fan's family forced to leave Afghanistan after threat calls
- SEAL death shows growing risks US troops face in Iraq, Syria
- Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma go 'Tamatar' hunting on 'Sultan' sets—Watch videos!