9 people conned of Rs 8 lakh on pretext of Haj pilgrimage
Bundi: Four travel agents have been booked for allegedly conning nine persons from Jamitpura village in the district of Rs 8 lakh on the pretext of getting them visas and tickets for Haj pilgrimage, police said Friday.
The victims had approached a local court alleging that Shafique Mohammed, Idris and Shadab, working in Chittogarh city, and Yusuf from Mumbai had cheated them of Rs 90,000 each as advance for Haj pilgrimage, SHO, Talera police station, Ghyanchand Meena said.
On the orders of the court, police lodged a case against the four accused under relevant sections of the IPC yesterday and started a probe in the matter, he said.
Of the four accused, Shafique Mohammed has been taken into police custody and his interrogation is on, police said, adding that the remaining three are absconding.
Shanawaz, resident of Borkedha area, has lodged an FIR against Shafique Mohammed that he had conned him of Rs 3.6 lakh for Haj pilgrimage in Kishorepura police station of Kota city, SHO, Kishorepura police station, Ramnath Singh said.
Meanwhile, District Waqf Board president and former chairman of Municipality Board, advocate Nurruddin said three members of his family and two of another family had booked five tickets and paid Rs 5 lakh to the three accused agents from Chittorgarh.
However, they did not get visa or ticket till last date of Haj pilgrimage, which was on October 2. Out of shock over the incident, one of his family members was admitted to hospital.
The two families would soon lodge complaint against the accused, he said.
A large number of aspirants for Haj pilgrimage have reportedly been cheated of their money in Kota and Bundi districts by the accused travel agents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31